Photo Workshop with Jesse Summers
In this workshop, you’ll learn the most difficult and one of the most exciting facets of landscape photography: capturing landscapes at night with the stars overhead. Best of all, the landmarks of Yosemite National Park will be your canvas. Additionally, we’ll have the opportunity to capture remarkable sunrises and sunsets, learn about the basics of landscape photography composition and post-processing in Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Lightroom, and learn some basic astronomy to help you prepare for your photography experience. We’ll re-learn photography’s “infernal triangle” of aperture, ISO, and shutter speed as it relates to landscape astrophotography as well as covering the principles behind blended exposure images.
Skills learned during the 1 day class & 2 day workshop include:
- Understanding of the night sky (Earth’s orbit, location of the Milky Way, moon cycles, more)
- Plan for your shoot
- Understand the differences between shutter speed/aperture/ISO/white balance, and more
- Focusing your lens at night
- Capturing the Milky Way
- Light painting and long exposures
- Understanding noise reduction and advanced post processing methods in Lightroom & Photoshop with NIK Suite
Yosemite Night Skies 1 Day Photography Class with Jesse Summers
Yosemite Night Skies 2 Day Photography Workshop with Jesse Summers
The 2 day workshop will follow the same itinerary as the 1 day class but will add an extra session to restart the creative process at another wonderful location hand picked by Jesse.
We will camp overnight at Bridalveil Campground, convenient to our shooting locations.